Did You Know?
- Alberta Health Care covers an eye exam every year for children under 19 and seniors 65 years and older. Between the ages 19-65 it is recommended to have an eye exam every two years.
- The Canadian Association of Optometrists recommends that all children have their first eye exam at 6 months old. Thorough ocular health exams are performed including screening for glaucoma, cataracts and diabetes.
- We have a number of different types of contact lenses available including hard and soft contact lenses, disposables, and colored lenses.
- If you are interested in the laser correction for you eyes, we will refer you to a clinic and will perform follow-up exams.
- We have a large selection of frames for all age groups. We also carry safety frames and sunglasses. We can adjust your glasses and repair most frames.
At Hinton Optometry Clinic our mission is to provide the highest quality vision and eye health care to the communities we serve. Patient understanding and satisfaction are our priorities, in an honest, friendly, and professional environment.
Getting the right prescription for your eyeglasses or contact lenses is an important part of good eye care. But seeing clearly is just one part of your overall eye health. It’s important to have regular eye exams with an optometrist whether or not you wear eyeglasses or contacts, and even if your vision is sharp.
The eye doctors at Hinton Optometry Clinic believe in looking at the big picture when it comes to your eye health, so we take the time to get to know you, your eye care history and your vision needs. Drs. Braun and Langfield know that getting the right prescription involves balancing several factors, including clear eyesight, visual efficiency and your ability to process visual information seamlessly. Whether you need a routine eye examination, an eyeglasses fitting or treatment for eye disease (such as glaucoma or macular degeneration) or eye surgery (such as LASIK or cataract surgery), our optometrists will provide you with the best care, advice, options and follow up.
Schedule an appointment with an optometrist to see how we can help you get the best prescription for your eyes.
New options to help you look good and see better!